Thursday, July 13, 2006

I think Sully's trying to tell us something...

It's not often one sees a blog post highlighting the spiritual advantages of mushrooms (not the kind in spaghetti sauce) but I found one. Mad props for writing it, though it makes me wonder if his own conversion to Catholicism was a result for some experimentation. I mean, there's a store in my town run by born-again types used to be pretty heavy into the halucinogens.

But I digress. If I ever take mushrooms, I'm going to have to leave myself a tape recording wagging my finger at myself if I end up converting to a religion as a result of the experience, trying to talk myself out of it.

...well, fuck, what else is there to write about in the summer?

3 Comments:

At 7/13/2006 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't smoke mushrooms you ingest them; by eating, making tea or cooking into past sauce would also work.

Cheers.

 
At 7/13/2006 11:20 AM, Blogger Clear Grit said...

Yikes, I knew that! *edited*

Thanks for pointing that out, that's embarassing.

 
At 7/13/2006 4:04 PM, Blogger Scott said...

My brother used to be an atheist, but one day he was fooling around with music on his turntables while he was really stoned (weed, not mushrooms though) and apparantly "God moved the needle to make the perfect mix".

Since then he goes to church every day he isn't working, has quit smoking weed, and he spent all last year travelling accross Canada as part of a Catholic youth team.

I've since concluded that the weed was DEFINATELY laced with something...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home