Tuesday, December 05, 2006

It's 5am, and I was just thinking...

You know what I really hate? Like, pathologically?

Those canned computer noises that all computers in every single movie and TV show, but no computer in the real world, make. I was just watching an Air Farce rerun, and they were doing a skit about PartyPoker.com. As Luba Goy dressed as an old woman hacked away at keys on her laptop, the computer made all sorts of arcade game bleeps and computer blips that were canned in the 1980s and have been used ever since in every form of entertainment featuring any electronic device, from a Playstation to a laptop to an iPod.

How many people own computers? 80% of the North American population or something like that? I know I can't think of anybody who doesn't own a computer. Everybody knows computers don't make those ridiculous noises. They just bother me so much!

While I'm on the subject, I was watching an episode of a fantastic show the other day, and one of the characters was very clearly playing Donkey Kong... on an X-Box! What the hell is that!?

Long story short, I think we should ban these sorts of blatant displays of ignorance and prosecute them to the full extent of the law, with the maximum penalty for infractions being 10 years imprisonment. Maybe I could start a letter-writing campaign and convince the Liberals to include that in their next election platform...

1 Comments:

At 12/05/2006 1:43 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha,

Get some sleep, maybe? Good rant though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home