Wednesday, January 03, 2007

And another thing...

I can't understand for the life of me why so many conservatives, who frequently attack those who aren't right-wing crazies for being anti-religion, or call the entire left-of-centre atheists etc., are so... unChristian. It never ceases to amaze me how completely the message of Christ seems to be lost on these self-appointed defenders of the faith. Take this for instance. I will grant you that Saddam Hussein was an awful human being, but... I wonder if Jesus would have approved of taunting a man as he was put to death? Hell, I wonder if Jesus would have approved of executing people in general? The point is not that Saddam Hussein did not deserve to be executed; by most standards he probably did. The point is that it is wrong to kill people in cold blood, period.

Incidentally, I wonder who personally signed more death warrants in the period between 1996 and 2000 - the president of Iraq or the born-again governor of Texas? Something to ponder.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home