Friday, January 27, 2006

The race begins to take shape

I am loathe to repeat what is being said in many other places, but here's what we know so far, according to various sources:

John Manley, Gerard Kennedy and George Smitherman are definitely not running.

Brian Tobin probably isn't running.

Frank McKenna, Belinda Stronach, Anne McLellan and Ken Dryden are either certainly running, or will likely run. Michael Ignatieff will probably go for it too - that's why he ran in the first place, isn't it? Martin Cauchon seems a likely contender as well. Scott Brison is one of the more likely ones, as well.

Glen Murray, Bob Rae, Maurizio Bevilacqua and Joe Volpe are probably seriously considering a run.

To be honest, I'm most surprised about the Belinda rumours - I didn't figure she would run for the leadership of one party so soon after losing the leadership of another. But she's certainly got the money to do it.

I, for one, am excited to see the field as it starts to take shape. I already know who I would hypothetically support if he ran, but I can't make any real decisions until I know who's running and who's not.

1 Comments:

At 1/27/2006 11:39 a.m., Blogger The Blog Father said...

I hadnt considered Brian Tobin being in the race. He might set the country on fire if he did. Ken Dryden might be good although it would be nice to know more about his politics. I feel this party needs to move to occupy the center and left of center to draw more voters.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home