Tuesday, January 31, 2006

They're dropping like flies!

Brian Tobin won't be running for leadership of the Liberal Party. It seems that all of the big names are disappearing. Personally, I think this is a good thing - the old guard is stepping out of the way and allowing new blood to take over. Maybe the people who were around during the sponsorship scandal realize that it's best for the party that they don't lead it? Or maybe they just don't want to become prime minister, which every Liberal leader since Laurier has?

Ah well, with two of the three Atlantic contenders out of the running, that leaves only one more - I do hope Brison runs, because I would very much like to see him as leader. I know a lot of people are skeptical about him because he's young and crossed the floor, but I supported him for Tory leadership, and he was an electrifying candidate then. His speech at the convention was far and away the best of the bunch, and many observers agreed with me. So skeptics, just give him a chance, I'm sure he'll impress you.

2 Comments:

At 1/31/2006 6:51 p.m., Blogger Mark said...

uh oh - we're using the same title...

http://nottawa.blogspot.com

 
At 1/31/2006 7:03 p.m., Blogger Trogdor said...

It's a shame really, because I thought Brian was without question the best man for the job.

Now that he is gone from the race, things will really start to open up and my guess is that the best option for leader will be Brison or someone from Ontario.

Can anyone say 'PM Gerard Kennedy'?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home