Friday, December 01, 2006

Hello from Montreal

It's been a very long time since I've typed using a non-laptop computer, and I must say, it's awkward as all hell. Also, it was very nice of the Hotel Place d'Armes (the location of the Dion love-in) to provide computers and internet access in the middle of their lobby. Very handy.

I just shook hands with Justin Trudeau, and he related to me his pitch for Dion and Kennedy: both men are candidates who are running not as saviours, but as leaders. Bob Rae and Michael Ignatieff want us to believe that they are the saviours of the Liberal Party, that they will single-handedly defeat Stephen Harper.

Justin Trudeau is an exceptionally humble person. When I told him that I thought he should run for office, he responded by saying that messianic promises (like Ignatieff's and Rae's) worried him. I simply responded by saying that he's fantastic, and ought to run. I tell you, the man has got a charisma dripping off of him like... well, Trudeau.

Anyway, I'm off to try to engage Andrew Coyne in a conversation. If he hasn't already left, that is.

2 Comments:

At 12/01/2006 10:07 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan;

Shame on you for being swept off your feet by a str8 married man, no matter how charismatic. I recall that anyone who met Brian Mulroney one-on-one also described him as charming and modest.

Careful what you're drinking there in Montreal - your country is depending on you. :)

 
At 12/01/2006 10:44 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting, Justin, I mean. Has he ever really looked back at what his father has said in the past, his extremes in views - like being into facsism, denying during WWII that Hitler was a problem, communism appealed to him for a while and it goes on. Messiah thing bothers Justin - ah what do you think his father was all about. This is a joke isn't it?

You know what makes me sick about all this - the "Justin-mania". This isn't about Justin Trudeau and nor should it be.

This is pathetic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home