Saturday, January 27, 2007

Just goes to show you...

...what morale can do for a team. I guess a personal endorsement from America's favourite jackass (well, maybe not, there's some stiff competition for that one) is enough to push a lousy team* over the top. Seven straight victories following his endorsement? That's impressive.

Still, I was kind of looking forward to seeing Colbert wear an Oshawa jersey on his show. (I grew up near Oshawa.) Ah well, guess I'll have to live with Stephen Colbert Day.

*I'm told they're a lousy team, anyway. To be honest, I've never seen them play because I just don't care all that much.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 1/27/2007 9:45 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, the Gens are pretty good this year, Ry. And they have the leading scorer in the OHL, John Tavares. The Petes on the other hand, suck. They're the ones who could use a Colbert intervention.

 
At 1/27/2007 10:39 p.m., Blogger Ryan Ringer said...

Yeah, I was told the Gens are pretty good, but that the Saginaw Spirit were lousy.

Though I guess that notion got schooled.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home