Friday, December 01, 2006

Kennedy

I have to say, I finally understand where Kennedy supporters get their zeal - from Kennedy himself. Fortunately, Kennedy's zeal is in contrast charming and humble. The story he told about the family who was more concerned with feeding their guest (him) than feeding their starving stomachs with his gifts from the food bank really tugged at the heartstrings. This is a man who gets it, who feels the way I do - that we need to help the less fortunate, but we also need to respect them. People who have little wealth still have an abundance of dignity, and to treat them the way we, as a society do undermines that dignity. And yet they still manage to maintain it. Kennedy understands that, and I wish him the very best. If he doesn't win this time, I hope he runs again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home