Tuesday, March 27, 2007

"Beware Autonomism"

It appears I'm not alone in my reticence. Declares Braeden - "Charest learns the hard way: Appeasement does not work."

I echo the sentiment, although I don't like the word "appeasement" because of its unfortunate connotations. Also, I don't think Mario Dumont is really that right-wing; on a global political spectrum, Harper is way to the right of Dumont (or at least, pre-2006 Harper).

But superficialities aside, Mr. Caley makes an excellent and note-worthy point:

"It is important to keep our goals in perspective. Federalism is not just about whether we have a country, but about what kind of country we have."

I couldn't agree more. As I said, I fear for federalism.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3/27/2007 11:20 a.m., Blogger Concerned Albertan said...

So you don't consider gutting the healthcare system right wing then? Interesting....

 
At 3/27/2007 4:52 p.m., Blogger Ryan Ringer said...

Oh it's definitely to the right, but to say Mario Dumont is an extreme right-winger is stretching a bit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home