Wednesday, April 11, 2007

A Quick Thought on Stronach

I'm surprised, but I guess in retrospect I shouldn't be. She'll pull in millions of dollars in private life, as opposed to the six-figure salary of an MP. This certainly doesn't quash her leadership ambitions, however. She's already served in a Liberal cabinet, which is the one thing all Liberal leaders have had in common. Maybe I'm going out on a limb here, but Stephen Harper was elected in 1993, served about three years and the House, left politics and returned to save his party from the political wilderness. So it's not unheard of...

1 Comments:

At 4/12/2007 2:28 p.m., Blogger Amanda Reaume said...

I think you're right about Belinda possibly coming back into politics. I think she's far more competent and intelligent than a lot of people give her credit for (which I talked about in my blog posts this morning www.antigonemagazine.blospot.com)

It would be nice to see her come back into politics eventually! Of course, if its leadership aspirations she has... Her and Martha Hall Findley might end up duking it out sometime in the future...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home