Friday, December 02, 2005

Exactly what I'm talking about

Kim Campbell says Stephen Harper can't win because he's too socially conservative.

I've always thought it a shame that Kim Campbell didn't get a chance to show the country what she had to offer.

Well anyway, it appears that we can add yet another former Tory prime minister (along with Joe Clark) to those who will attest that this new Conservative party is not the Progressive Conservative party of old; that in fact, it is something completely new.

And to top it all off, she comes out in favour of proportional representation and Senate reform.

Campbell for PM! I know, I know... let me dream.

3 Comments:

At 12/02/2005 9:48 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

"this new Conservative party is not the Progressive Conservative party of old; that in fact, it is something completely new."

You don't say? Here I thought the merger between the Canadian Alliance and the PC's would create a PC only party! How shocking that it has created something entirely new and seperate from the parties of the past! Truly disturbing.

Look lad, you need to get over your obsession with this one issue (marriage) which is obviously your #1 political priority. You know that the Tories are the only party which want to allow a free vote on the matter, if you don't like that you should simply state it and continue to vote Liberal as most Ontarians will for all eternity.

You know the Conservative party would revisit the rushed (largely false) C-38 bill in a free vote, they have been repeating this over and over since the rushed, forced vote. It's hardly shocking, they have never changed their position on the matter. All your whining and fear mongering about a ficticious "Conservative agenda" doesn't change this.

 
At 12/02/2005 12:29 p.m., Blogger Hishighness said...

Hey guy, how about you have the balls not to post with an anonymous tag huh? Otherwise shut your mouth.

 
At 12/02/2005 2:29 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I ever get around to becoming a member, sure. One way or another I will be a member of the "politics Canada" forum soon enough. That is where I found Mr. "Blue Grit"s name so amusing and decided to check the link to his blog.

I'm sure I will be in conversation with you two on there, though I'm not sure how long I will last there since the ranking members seem to be raving Liberal supporters.

Cheers, Aidan Murray.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home