Thursday, December 07, 2006

Oh Dean, you self-righteous hypocrite

This is why partisan hacks shouldn't have blogs... or at least why they shouldn't be self-righteous about positions they don't actually hold.

Dean Del Mastro (Conservative, Peterborough) on November 9, 2006:

In a move that can only be described as astounding, the Federal Liberal party officially aligned themselves with the Bloc Quebecois.

[The Liberals] apparently agree that Quebec is a Nation, contrary to proud Canadians everywhere.

Dean Del Mastro (Conservative, Peterborough) on December 6, 2006:

I chose to vote [in favour of] a motion [defining Quebec as a nation] that I believe united Canadians. I hope the member voted the same way on that motion because I believe in Canada. I believe in a united Canada and I believe in this party as a party that is uniting Canadians from coast to coast.

Man, this guy's stock just keeps plummeting. I can't believe I was represented by him for a few months.

2 Comments:

At 12/08/2006 10:54 a.m., Blogger atg said...

These are the kinds of things that need to be written in to local newspapers. I fear only determined political hacks will come to learn of Del Maestro's complete unsuitability for the role otherwise.

The Peterborough Examiner is a laughable paper in comparison to the national dailies, yes, but the people who count (and vote!) for Del Maestro next time will have read it.

 
At 12/09/2006 10:59 a.m., Blogger Michael said...

What a jackass. I did have the opportunity to meet Del Maestro at some community function or other, and he was seriously less impressive in the flesh than his pallid public persona would indicate.

He may well have one of the most vulnerable seats in Ontario. His election, I think, was a bit of a one-off, a combination of the retirement of the popular Liberal incumbent (Peter Adams), a rather poor showing by the new Liberal candidate, and general annoyance over the sponsorship scandal. Let's hope so anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home