Friday, December 01, 2006

The Passion of the Dion

There is one thing that is undeniable at this convention - Stephane Dion's supporters have by far the most energy and passion. During the candidate speeches, Dion inspired so much cheering from his supporters that he had to cut his speech short of the 25 minute time limit. I'm happy to say I was in the cheering crowd in front of the stage (how could I miss out on that?) and the cheering was so loud and persistent that the organizers within the crowd had to keep shushing us.

The only one to rival Dion's crowd was Ignatieff's, but that had far more to do with the size of that group than with their passion. If they had comparable numbers to Dion's, there would have been no contest.

Now, more than I did before, I believe he is going to win. He has both the right vision, and the experience to implement it. I'm sold; I never was completely before, but I am now. If that's the effect that he had on me, that speaks well for the effect that he had on delegates.

4 Comments:

At 12/01/2006 10:47 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

The problem with being at the front, you cant see the rest of the auditorium standing on their hands. Worst speech of the big four by far.

 
At 12/01/2006 11:08 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

No pundits are picking Dion as the winner, and one actually singled him out as having a horrible speech.

Iggy will win it all.

 
At 12/01/2006 11:18 p.m., Blogger Penelope Persons said...

I thought Dion's speech was the best. Which pundit thought it was the worst?

He also has a neat way of expressing things. I liked when he said the Cons think child care is delivered through the mailbox.

Iggy's speech was the worst, imho. The video looked like a slide show from the 60s, the music was a drag, the speech droned on and on....

God, I hope Dion wins, or Rae. I could support Dryden. Defintely not Iggy. If he wins, I'll have to move to a tropical country and forget politics!!

 
At 12/02/2006 12:05 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watching the speeches on CPAC, I have to agree with you, the Dion SUPPORTERS were very passionate and enthusiastic. I wished his speech was delivered a little more powerfully.
I thought both he and Ignatieff were both miles short of those given by Rae and especially Kennedy - GK's was a barnburner, I thought, both in delivery and in content. He showed in my opinion that Kennedy has the stuff to be the best leader of the 4, hands down!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home