Friday, September 16, 2005

Tory leadership candidate proposes drug legalization

Had you there for a second, didn't I? Well, I was only half pulling your chain - a Tory leadership candidate is proposing legalization - a British one. He's right, of course. Drug experts pretty much all agree that the so-called "War on Drugs" is a farce that doesn't, won't, and can't work. Why waste money on something so pointless, when wasting that money actually encourages more armed gangs to operate? The war on drugs is a lose-lose-lose situation - the people lose money, and in exchange, not only do they have their freedom curtailed, but they have an increased chance of getting shot.

2 Comments:

At 9/16/2005 1:55 p.m., Blogger Hishighness said...

I'm half/half on this, I think that soft drugs like Marijuana, Hash, Mushrooms, etc are fine, but I do think that hard drugs like Heroin, Cocaine, Crystal Meth, etc should be controlled (Well, as much as our limited enforcement system can control it)

Was that what you were saying and I just didn't get it? And if not how would you handle hard drugs? Just let them be out there?

 
At 9/23/2005 2:21 p.m., Blogger Ryan Ringer said...

Personally, I don't think the government has any business deciding what we can and cannot do to our bodies. Period.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home