Friday, September 09, 2005

Election plan at the ready

I don't blame the Tories for preparing for an early election; the temptation for the Liberals to orchestrate their own downfall this session may well be too great to resist, especially if they can go down on a popular spending bill.

But I do have to ask this question: what if the Tories end up bringing the Liberals down? Wouldn't it make more sense for them to wait for Gomery to finish his report, if they're so sure he's going to implicate Paul Martin?

Personally, I'd like to have the winter election. Sure, it'll be tough, but I'm convinced that Justice Gomery will vindicate Paul Martin and the Liberals, and then we can finally have an election free of this sponsorship nonsense, and instead get back to what election campaigns should be about - demonizing the Conservatives for wanting to ban abortions and privatize healthcare. Oh, I'm kidding, I'm kidding...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home