Monday, January 23, 2006

Just a Couple of Random Thoughts

Elections Canada, ever the enforcer of stupid and pointless election laws (read: the blackout that forces me to close my comments tonight) would also like to remind you that spoiling your ballot could land you jail time (as if they'd know it was you), and that it's also illegal to eat your ballot. 'Cause, you know, that's the first thing that comes to mind when I see a ballot.

Also, apparently it's possible register to vote using nothing more than your Health Card. Yet the same card is not considered a valid piece of I.D. when buying a drink or smokes. Does anyone else think that's a bit... weird? Talk about mixed priorities. I suppose alcohol and tobacco are more dire than fairness in the democratic process.

And in the interests of full disclosure, I voted for Diane Lloyd, of the

LIBERAL PARTY OF CANADA.

Just thought you might want to know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home